Case Filed: Nov 22, 2011
Case Closed: Apr 29, 2013
Judge: K. Michael Moore
Court: Florida Southern District Court
Omega Patents filed a patent infringement suit against Skypatrol and Enfora, companies specializing in vehicle security and convenience products. Omega alleged that Skypatrol and Enfora’s products including Spider MT, Passport, TT1150, TT1950, TT8750, TT8760, TT8850, TT8950 and Recover Plus infringe the following patent numbers:
- US6765499 - Vehicle tracker unit providing variable frequency transmission and related methods, issued on July 20, 2004
- US6737989 - Vehicle tracker including variable frequency transmission and related methods, issued on May 18, 2004
- US6512465 - Vehicle tracker including stationary time determination and associated methods, issued on Jan 28, 2003
- US6972667 - Vehicle tracker including input/output features and related methods, issued on Dec 06, 2005
- US7305293 - Vehicle tracker including input/output features and related methods, issued on Dec 04, 2007
All these patents expire[i] by May 21, 2021. These patents are currently assigned[ii] to Omega Patents (source: MaxVal’s Assignment Database), which owns a broad portfolio of U.S. and foreign patents relating to vehicle remote control devices.
This case is now stayed (temporarily closed). The motion to stay was filed by Omega Patents. Upon consideration, the Court ordered the action be STAYED and to administratively CLOSE the case. The parties can file a status report on or before June 28, 2013, indicating whether a settlement has been reached or if they want to proceed to trial.
Omega filed another case against Enfora on Feb 28, 2013 (which is pending) alleging that Enfora's MT3000 and MT3050 mobile tracking device products infringe US patents 6346876, 7671727, 8032278 and 8362886.
See case 1:11-cv-24201 for more details. To get alerts on cases filed/closed, subscribe to our Litigation Alerts.
Has this patent been litigated? Use our free tool or download our free Android/iOS app on Google Play/ App Store.
[ii] MaxVal offers Patent Assignment Alert service where subscribers receive email alerts when assignments relating to target applications, patents or entities of interest are recorded.